Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Workouts and Gymnasts

Normally, the girls have their Early Intervention people coming to the house for therapy.  Once a week for physical therapy and twice a week for speech.
  
But today, they got to go somewhere else for P/T.  It was a nice change for them.

They got to play outside first. They always love to be outside!  

Walking around on the wood chips was good for practicing balance and perfecting their walking skills.  Anna is getting so good at it.  I think she is walking most of the time now!  Instead of taking a couple steps, falling, and then just crawling the rest of the way to wherever she was going.  :)  

She's so cute, still walking with her hands
 up most of the time for balance. 

They had fun just digging in the wood chips, too. 
I love watching them interact with each
other.  These girls have their moments, but they
 really do pretty well most of the time!
Justin was having a great time as well. 
He's always telling me how much he loves
his "gullie gulls" (girlie girls). 
He's my little sweetheart. 
Madalyn really wanted to get on the swing.  They didn't have any
baby swings there, so we tried her on this one and she really
 liked it!  When it was time to head inside, she did not want
 to get off that big girl swing!! 
But once we got inside, the swing was quickly forgotten. 
And they all had a blast!

Toria loved the trampoline and really got to giggling
 anytime someone bounced by her.
 Climbing was fun, too!
Madalyn trying out the rings.
And Justin, my little monkey. 
I think he could have a future in gymnastics!
The balance beam was just the right height for them.
They loved the bars!  Aren't these the cutest little bars
just the right size for 2 year old girls!
Toria preferred to crawl up and down the mats.  It was just her speed!
Hopefully we will be doing this a couple times a month.
 It was a great workout for them and the extra bonus for me....
they all took a great nap! :))

And who knows, maybe one of the girls will take a liking to gymnastics and follow in the footsteps of their cousins Madison and McKenna.




 And if you haven't seen the video of gymnast Chelsea Werner, you gotta check it out here!!  Oh, yea, she's got DS, too!

No comments:

And your ears will hear a word behind you, "This is the way, walk in it", whenever you turn to the right or to the left. Isaiah 30:21

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts

Site Meter

Followers

Psalm 139:13-16

For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.
Baby Sign Language