Sunday, October 2, 2011

Mini RR Reunion

I posted these pictures on facebook, but never did add them to the blog.  So I guess that will be today's blog post in honor of Down syndrome Awareness.  :)
 In August we had some company come all the way from Texas.  The Harper family!!  It was kinda spur of the moment and not planned, but we are super glad they came!!  My kids are still talking about how much fun they had and keep asking when we are going to get to go to Texas to see them again!  We met this family last year while we were in Ukraine adopting the girls.  Well, we met 3 members of the family anyway....Wendy, Charlie and Levi.

At a park in Ukraine.

Mark and Wendy reading the map trying to figure out
where we were....  Wendy was a great tour guide!

Charlie

Levi

Wendy doing her best to entertain her two boys.  They kept her busy!

These boys were in a different orphanage than my girls, but in the same city.  And I had the honor of getting to go with Wendy on a couple of her visits with the boys.  It is a bonding experience when you spend time with someone in a place like that.  When you are basically alone in a whole different country and culture and not knowing the language and feeling so very far away from home.   And we were both adopting 2 children with Down syndrome. 


Anyway, here's the Westbrook and Harper kiddos together on the front steps of our house in our little ol' town in SW Colorado.  There were 16 kids in my house for a couple days!!  And I tell you what...you really wouldn't have been able to tell.  The Harper kids are such great kids!! We really enjoyed your company, Harpers, and we can't wait to get together again!!  

I 'm gonna leave you with some cute pics of four super special Reece's Rainbow angels.  A year ago all 4 were still in their home country, just waiting for the day they would leave the orphanage forever with their family.  And now here they are:








Charlie and Levi Harper 
Anna and Victoria Westbrook

former orphans 
 

No comments:

And your ears will hear a word behind you, "This is the way, walk in it", whenever you turn to the right or to the left. Isaiah 30:21

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts

Site Meter

Followers

Psalm 139:13-16

For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.
Baby Sign Language