Sunday, February 2, 2014

Well it's already February! We haven't had much snow and the weather has been really warm for winter in Colorado. Yesterday we finally got a bit of snow, but not enough for our poor dry state.  We definitely need some moisture to avoid more forest fires this summer... 

The girls have enjoyed the warmer weather and being able to get outside a little bit to play...


 And to talk...
And dig in the dirt.



The boys have loved getting to ride the horses more, and always of course the four wheelers and dirt bikes. Sorry no dirt bike pics. Sam has a dirt bike, but it just makes me too nervous to photograph.  Lol




The girls absolutely LOVE riding, too!  



To add to our busy family life, Samuel is playing basketball and we've been trying to make it to all his games when possible. Daniel has been managing the girls basketball team (7th grade), and recently started wrestling so we'll be adding that to our schedule soon as well. 

One of our favorite things has always been watching our kids in all their activities/sports which have traditionally been football and wrestling. Samuel has chosen to play basketball this winter instead of wrestle, so it will be something new for us. He is doing great as a freshman and plays on the JV team.  Of course basketball is my sport so I have enjoyed "coaching" him from the sidelines.  



Here's just a few more random favorite pics.



Love these silly girls!  They are all doing well and staying healthy for the most part this winter.  They LOVE school and apparently adored by everyone there. But then again, who couldn't adore these faces??

I would like to ask all of you for prayers for my family.  My father just recently had surgery for a blocked intestine.  He is 79 and does pretty darn well for his age, but became septic during his surgery and is now in ICU on a ventilator. He is slowly making progress, but not out of the woods yet. Also, please pray for my mom.  She was recently diagnosed with metastatic liver cancer (breast cancer from 2001 returned) and had been trying to cope with all that when this happened with my father.  

He is the most wonderful loving kind man and a precious soul!  My mom is so loving and caring and giving and would do anything for anyone in need.  She has had a tough time and needs prayers for strength and peace and healing for both of them.  Thank you so much!

This is my sweet dad loving on Madalyn after her open heart surgery.  


And this is my mom talking to Madalyn before her OHS and then with all the girls.  I love both my parents so much and it is so very difficult to see them in pain. 

No comments:

And your ears will hear a word behind you, "This is the way, walk in it", whenever you turn to the right or to the left. Isaiah 30:21

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts

Site Meter

Followers

Psalm 139:13-16

For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.
Baby Sign Language